Jul 2 2019
The Great Summer Missions Challenge
In just one month fill a bulletin board at your church or an entire wall with pictures of people doing personal missions projects. Challenge families and individuals to choose a project in their neighborhood or community to reach out to others with the love of Jesus. Take pictures of your project and make a copy of the best one to put on the bulletin board. Here’s how to make this happen:
- Make a list of missions project ideas and post them on a bulletin board, include them in the church bulletin, online, etc.
- Promote the summer projects each week.
- Projects can be done by families, Sunday School classes, or missions groups.
- Challenge the church to fill the bulletin board with pictures before the month is over.
- Create a slide show for a Sunday worship service.
This emphasis could be a great launch for personal missions involvement. NOTE: This missions idea was written up by Indiana WMU Vice President, Chris Conrades, Richmond, IN. Thanks for the great idea, Chris!