Jan 18 2019
How You Can Support a Church Plant
There are several church plants in our association, and there are many things you can do to demonstrate your support of the work that is being established. Church planters have accepted the challenge to reach others for Christ in southern Indiana, but our help is needed. Here are several steps to take when considering supporting one of our local planters:
- Choose a plant. You can get the most current contact information through the SEIBA office. Pray that God will direct you to the one He wants you to help.
- Contact the planter and tell them of your desire to help. Be certain you (and your church) are ready to make a strong commitment to the church planter and his family.
- Talk to the planter about his vision for his work. Invite him to lunch or his family for a meal and begin to form a relationship. Get information about children’s ages, family embers’ birthdays, etc.
- Develop a prayer plan for the church start and ask for specific prayer requests. Do a prayerwalk around the area where the new church plant is.
- Help with the actual work that needs to be done. This might be a survey of the surrounding neighborhood, work on a building or teaching in Vacation Bible School.
- As you find out about specific needs, try to meet them. This may be supplies, equipment, or other materials.
- Make your church aware of the growth and progress of the new church. This will help sustain the support you are providing.
Planting a new church is often stressful and frequently frustrating! Your church’s support may be exactly what the planter and his family need to encourage them to continue working.