Apr 29 2019
Families, Missions, and Summer
Here are some suggestions of things your family can do this summer. Warm weather is a great time to branch out and connect with neighbors and your community.
- Make brownies and deliver them to an unchurched family in your neighborhood.
- Help the children make holiday or get well cards for homebound neighbors and deliver them as a family along with baked goods or a small gift.
- Teach children how to prayer walk. Prayer walk your local school and around your neighborhood. You can do “prayer driving” too!
- Using a large world map, locate where missionaries serve and pray for them during your family devotion time. A list of missionaries and their birthdays is in the monthly missions magazine, Missions Mosaic, available from WMU (www.wmu.com/curriculum).
- Collect canned goods for a local food pantry. Deliver them together and arrange for a tour of the facility if possible.