Oct 2 2021
Creating Missions Awareness in Your Church
Creating Awareness for Missions Education:
- Displays – emphasize one part of missions education with a display. Go to www.wmu.or for current themes and information about WMU ministries. Gather display items to create a display that is not “flat” and distribute resource materials.
- Be present – attend missions events in your area and tell others about it...
- Promote state missions – Hand out information about upcoming missions events such as your state’s mission offering, annual meetings, and evangelistic events.
Creating Enthusiasm about Missions:
1. Share information about church planting efforts in your area, suggesting ways others can become involved in supporting the new ministries. Adopt a church planter!
2. Plan church wide missions activities and involve the entire family. Collect canned food r makeup food baskets for the holiday season.
3. Help promote the special missions offerings: Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North American Missions. Show videos from NAMB and IMB during worship services. Go to: www.imb.org or www.namb.net
Creating Mission Opportunities:
- Focus on special projects such as Christmas in August (go online to www.wmu.com for information) to motivate churches to participate on at least a quarterly basis in some type of mission activity.
- Search online for short-term mission trip projects and present them to the church missions team for consideration.
- Contact community agencies to find out about their current needs and plan several activities in your local area during the upcoming holidays.